SWI’s vendor-neutral approach enables us to design and deploy wireless networks for indoor coverage that use the best technology to meet our client’s specific needs. Our solutions provide the design, deployment, integration and overall management of wired and wireless networks which deliver voice and data communication supporting advanced indoor applications.
Network operators, enterprises and municipalities are all turning to Wi-Fi to fulfill the growing capacity demands caused by the exponential growth in mobile devices (smartphones & tablets) and applications. Wi-Fi professional services provide mobile and wireline operators a cost-effective and turnkey Wi-Fi deployment option ensuring seamless integration with their existing networks, and the highest levels of service quality and security. SWI’s professional services team or project managers, subject matter experts, and engineers operates as a single trusted partner to manage and deliver all aspects of the Wi-Fi deployment. Our team provides a full suite of project management services that span business consulting, network design, integration and OSS/BSS implementation, as well as post-deployment support. We work with customers on all sizes of projects – from large-scale, long-term roll-outs to on-site event day support. SWI’s vendor agnostic services support all Wi-Fi components including access points, captive portals and OSS/BSS platforms.
SWI’s WIFI SOLUTION COMPONENTS:
1.Network Business Consultation – Comprehensive business planning methodology to provide customized market analysis, preliminary network design/architecture, supporting business case, and preliminary view of prime hot spots and markets.
Wi-Fi Access Point site selection: Identifying the optimal placement of Wi-Fi access points is critical to reducing capacity constraints and monetizing the network. SWI’s systematic approach to identifying where traffic can be most effectively removed from the licensed network ensures that the enterprise’s/operator’s investment is utilized in achieving their long-term goals.
2. Program Management – Deploying complex networks involves third parties and many subcontractors. SWI provides clear and effective Program Management plans to keep the project on track.
3. Wi-Fi Network Planning & Design – Wi-Fi network design is based on ensuring the seamless communication of several core network elements that have been validated end-to-end. SWI’s approach to designing the network ensures the customer a high-quality experience including authentications, handoffs and QoE will meet or exceed the service end users have come to expect.
4. Site Acquisition/Installation – Obtain site agreements, negotiate equipment placement, and determine site requirements to support the assembly, installation and power-up of equipment at these sites.
5. RF Engineering & Design – Wi-Fi RF site surveys to determine the optimal quantity and placement of access points, RF design, and configuration.
By utilizing indoor Radio Network Planning (RNP) tools optimized for Wi-Fi deployments, SWI’s design engineers use the same tools utilized for licensed networks with modifications to tools and procedures to account for the differences associated with Wi-Fi. These tools support validating the Wi-Fi RF propagation model and AP placement developed by the RF engineers. The propagation models developed by the RF engineers are based on many years of experience designing and deploying large wireless networks as well as experience gathered through several years of deploying Wi-Fi networks.
6. Network Integration & Validation – Configure and provision an end-to-end network including Wi-Fi access, core, security, on-site/remote integration and security implementation, and testing of Wi-Fi access network elements.
7. Maintenance – End-to-end support for third-party partners. Operational stability of the network is covered by comprehensive plans for Remote Technical Support (RTS) and Repair & Exchange Services (RES). Additionally, customers may opt for event day on-site support for high density/special event venues that require additional support.
- Focus on operator business goals
- Business Consultation identifies most effective markets and deployment planning
- Integrate seamlessly in current network
- Experience in IP migration, customer management and network (wireline and wireless) deployment
- Process is fully managed from business consulting through to migration and maintenance
- Enhance end user experience
- Industry-best time-to-market, leveraging combined experience and methodologies in wireless and IP networks
- Experience in optimizing high-capacity networks to enhance Quality of Service