Frequency Coordination & Application Preparation
Frequency Coordination is the essential foundation for any private radio system. Instead of struggling with planning, paperwork, and red-tape; you can rely on UTC Spectrum Services for superior quality and results.
It takes an immense amount of time and specialized knowledge to prepare the required FCC and other forms properly. SWI’s Spectrum Services manage all the details from start to filing with unmatched expertise in electronic filing via the FCC’s Universal Licensing System (ULS).
UTC Spectrum Services can assist in the preparation and filing of FAA and FCC applications, as well as coordination and project management for MAS and Microwave projects.
Spectrum Testing Services & Interference Mitigation
SWI’s services include performing RF, Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), testing and measurement services in the field and laboratory. SWI’s field and measurement engineers are experienced in performing measurements of wireless telecom to quantify RF emissions, assess compatibility of wireless systems and identify interference sources so that interference mitigation can be realized. Our personnel utilize our extensive resources, databases and analytical tools to provide most effective solutions. Our engineers are adept at measuring, best replica watch sites characterizing, and monitoring the RF spectrum.
Technology Analysis and Spectrum Strategy
Manufacturers and operators are continually deploying new technology. Proper planning and technology evaluation helps to ensure new technology achieves performance targets while also complying with regulatory emission limits. SWI has extensive experience supporting operators in evaluating technologies suitable to be deployed in new and proposed bands as well as supporting our customer with spectrum strategy and proposals to the FCC.
- Field testing and RF measurements to analyze system or product performance
- EMI/EMC test site planning and network development to automate field testing
- RF interoperability and compatibility testing between spectrum dependent equipment
- EMC testing of communication electronics systems
- RFI measurements and troubleshooting
- Data Collection and monitoring of background electromagnetic signal environments
- Field measurements related to spectrum allocation/frequency assignment matters